Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 30, 2010

UPDATE...LONG OVERDUE

Yes, Honey, I know...it's about time. No excuses, Sir. No excuses.

CHRISTMAS IN IRAQ
As mentioned in my last post, the last day to send mail was May 15th. Well...the friends, friends of friends, family, and friends of family absolutely came through for Bryan and his men. The boy received 67 packages a week later! A few days after that he got 18 more. That's a total of 85 care packages!! Thanks to all of you! His CHU is now referred to as " The Distribution Center". You've made so many soldiers happy with the games, snacks, letters, magazines, and whatever else could fit in those boxes. He said he hadn't smiled that big since being in the US. Again, THANK YOU!






There hasn't been a whole lot of communication the last couple of weeks. They are very busy. Bryan says if he's not planning a mission, he's on the mission. He may get a couple hours of sleep somewhere in the middle. I did get to talk to him today after church, however. I went to my Mom and Dad's hoping we'd get to skype, and we did! They hadn't had that opportunity since he's been gone, so it was a special treat. He was rather tired. We asked if he'd been busy today and, of course, he said yes. He also said there was a food shortage the last couple of days, which will make you tired, too. Ummm, what? I heard him correctly...a food shortage. Somehow, they ran low on MRE's. Now, if I know my husband, and I think I do, he made sure all of his men had meals before he took anything for himself. It's one reason I love him the way I do. In one of his care packages was a can of pork and beans - courtesy of Jenny and Will Jones. He said he was so happy to see that can and ate it for dinner. Praise God, the shortage has been remedied and they now have plenty of MRE's.

Here at home a young black cat has adopted us. It's beyond me and mine how a cat would choose a place with seven dogs to call home. He doesn't care, though. He needs to care. I'm guessing he was put out or somehow became separated from his family. He's so sweet and loving and in need of attention. We finally fed it, which sealed the deal. He's here until we find a home for him. We have to find him a great home. If my dogs ever get a hold of him it's over. If you or anyone you know is in the market for a sweet kitty, please let me know. Some friends were over today fishing and their daughters named him. This is something I had refused to do thus far. His new name fits him...Army. I had nothing to do with the name. They came up with it all on their own. So, that's his name for now...until you come and rescue him from my dogs!

Well, tomorrow is Memorial Day. We've been watching specials on television tonight. In years past, these testimonies and stories have always been moving. But now it's completely different. My soldier is at war. It's almost surreal when they talk about remembering the soldiers overseas. Mine is there. I wish I could explain it. It's just weird.

We watched the PBS special tonight and I can remember watching it with Bryan on the couch last year. What a difference a year makes. Since then, Bryan's been at Ft. Benning for 6 months, Camp Shelby for one month, and Iraq for two months. I'll be the happiest woman in the world when he comes home.


Bryan, thank you for your service. Thank you for saying to God, "not my will but thine". Thank you for NEVER complaining about your circumstances. Thank you for taking care of your men and participating in "Mustache May" even though you hate it. Thank you for sharing your care packages with Iraqi children. Thank you for being my loving, faithful husband. I don't have the words to express my gratitude. You are my spiritual leader and I've learned so very much from you even though you're gone. I love you and I miss you.

Love to you all,
Ang

PS - Bryan, only a few hours left in Mustache May! You made it!


No comments:

Post a Comment