Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

TODAY IS A STRUGGLE

Bryan made it back safely from his mission. Praise the Lord.

Yesterday I was watching the morning news and saw the Commanding General in Iraq. A bad guy was killed (you know the group-don't want to draw attention to my blog) in the area of Bryan's mission. He said he saw part of it. Bryan assures me they will be safe, but a wife can't help but worry sometimes. When talking to him yesterday, he said for me to be sure and read my devotion from Sarah Young's "Jesus Calling". As it is everyday, it was perfect. The first words were, "Do not be afraid, for I am with you". It went on to say, "The media relentlessly proclaim bad news...A steady diet of their fare will sicken you. Instead of focusing on fickle, ever-changing news broadcasts, tune in to the living Word". Was that for me or what? God's perfect timing makes me smile. I think I'll lay off the news for a while. Drinking coffee and watching Fox and Friends is my favorite morning ritual, but I'll have to replace it with something else for a few months.

The role of a 2LT is Platoon Leader. He's leading his first mission tonight through Saturday. Apparently, it's a pretty serious mission. That's all I know and care to know. God has given him this mission for a reason and when Bryan succeeds, he'll give the Lord all of the honor and glory. In the mean time, I'm a wreck! I've had to remember to let go of the things I can't control, but, again, a wife has the right to worry. I do take comfort in the fact they are traveling in MRAP's - Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles - and have been well trained for several different situations.

Bryan wasn't sure if they'd have internet where he was going. He said if they did he'd email to let me know they made it to the first stop safely. Of course, I'll pass it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment